What to bring
Be sure to wear something loose-fitting, (not your sleepwear), appropriate to your surgery.
You will need comfortable sleepwear, a dressing gown, slippers and your personal toiletries. Personal items such as glasses, hearing aids or dentures will be well looked after, but we encourage patients to leave other valuables at home. You may bring some reading material or other leisure activities.
You must also have with you-
- current documentation from doctors, consultants or other hospitals relating to this hospital visit
- test results, scans or x-rays
- medicines or prescriptions, herbal remedies or supplements you are currently taking (in their original container or packaging)
- letter from insurance company with prior approval and any insurance excess information
- anaesthetic information sheet