- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
Surgical procedures for weight reduction
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
Obesity is one of the major challenges facing New Zealand. Increasingly sedentary employment and limited regular exercise has contributed to this. The Ministry of Health annual update from the 2017-2018 Health survey detailed a 32% rate of obesity in adults (15 years and over) and a further 43% of the population classed as overweight but not obese.
Lifestyle interventions can be effective in the short term but maintenance of weight loss over a longer period can be difficult.
Over the past decade, surgical intervention as an effective treatment option has steadily increased in popularity. The benefits of significant weight loss contribute to health gains across the body systems such as reducing the incidence of diabetes, and delaying the onset of joint problems.
Grace Hospital has an excellent team of skilled health professionals who will provide caring and sensitive support during your procedure and recovery.
Bariatric surgery includes several different types of operations.
Other Grace Hospital benefits:
- The facility has an effective quality assurance program in place to ensure availability of needed supplies and that all equipment is at their best working quality.
- The staff that support our specialists are highly trained, experienced and undergo regular competency reviews.
- Not only are the professionals working at Grace Hospital proficient, but they also uphold the hospital’s commitment to personalised and attentive health care.
Procedures Grace Hospital Provides